OSI attempts to soften transition for commuters

From Jan. 11 to Jan. 15, the Office of Student Involvement has been holding daily activities designed for commuters.
F.L.O.C. week, Forming Lasting Opportunities for Commuters, is an effort to address the potential difficulties many commuter students face — transportation, meeting new people and affordable dining selections — and facilitate their success in academic and social aspects during their time as an Eagle.
The events have been put together by several of FGCU’s departments, including the OSI, Environmental Health & Safety, Programming Board and Student Government.
The week will consist of six sequential events that aim to provide opportunities for participants to interact with each other.
“Students should attend events during F.L.O.C. Week to continue maximizing their experience here at FGCU,” said Ashton Hartley, the coordinator for Student Organization Development for OSI. “This week will provide many opportunities to learn about resources, become more engaged and make connections with students, faculty and staff.”
The OSI encourages all commuter students who are interested to get involved in one or more of the planned activities on campus. Although, non-commuters are welcome as well.