Color Vibe 5K brings a bright event to Southwest Florida for a good cause

The trend of aesthetic and colorful 5K runs is a hit among art and fitness enthusiasts in the U.S. Now, Southwest Florida has the opportunity to experience one while raising money for a local cause.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Southwest Florida is hosting its annual Color Vibe event this year on Saturday, March 26.

From Australia to the U.S., people are gathering for these special 5K runs that offer more than cardio fitness. (Photo special to Eagle News)

Color Vibe is a series of 5K runs across parts of the U.S. and Australia that involves running, walking and dancing through various color stations where participants are continuously tie-dyed in paints and dusts on their white outfits or costumes.
After the run, there is a dance party hosted by a professional sound crew and DJ. This year’s Color Vibe is $60 for individuals registering for the run online, $55 for individuals in a team online, $65 for individuals in a team at the gate and $70 for individuals at the gate. Children 12 and under can participate for free.
A portion of the proceeds from the run will be donated to the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southwest Florida. The group is a nonprofit organization that helps with cases of child neglect and abuse. According to its website, the center is the largest children’s advocacy center in the state of Florida and the only one in the four-county area accredited by the National Children’s Alliance.
The event is being hosted this year at the Lee Civic Center in Fort Myers at 9 a.m.