Chris Lane will open for Chase Rice at Nest Fest

Chris Lane will perform the opening act for Chase Rice at Nest Fest at Germain Arena April 14. (Photo Special to Eagle News.)

With Nest Fest right around the corner, the FGCU Programming Board announced that Chris Lane will be the opener for country headliner Chase Rice.
Lane is a country singer-songwriter from Kernersville, North Carolina. He is best known for his hit single, “Fix,” that features his “impressively natural singing style.”
Lane was influenced by the sounds of pop and rhythm and blues singers like Justin Timberlake, Usher and the Backstreet Boys.
“I sang this style my whole life, but we just didn’t have the material to showcase it,” Lane said on his website on his search for songs to emphasize his falsetto sound. “Now, the falsetto has become my sound, and I hope it separates me from what other artists are doing.”
Lane has performed at over 500 shows and sang on stage with Florida Georgia Line, Jerrod Neimann, Brett Eldredge and Thomas Rhett.
Tickets for Nest Fest on April 14 are available for purchase at Germain Arena for $22 for students and $32 for nonstudents. Day-of-show tickets will be $42 for both students and nonstudents.