Lights, Camera, Sex: Steamiest scenes to hit the silver screen

You might consider this a kind of “Sexy Time: Special Edition.”
Two weeks ago, Eagle News published Ashley Scott’s column dealing with the media’s depiction of romance. Expanding upon that, we’ve decided to round up the most notable lovemaking in cinema.
Some scenes are steamy, some are sleazy, all are stand-outs.
Most Awkward to Watch with Your Parents: “A History of Violence” There are actually two scenes in this comic book adaptation by David Cronenberg. The first is a mutual oral stimulation, complete with role play, and the other is a disturbing pseudo-rape.
Don’t worry, both of them will give you the most uncomfortable viewing experience possible, especially if you’re sandwiched between your parents in a cramped row of seats, and you’ve run out of Twizzlers with which to distract yourself from the creepy insanity.
Steamiest: “Titanic” For some students, this was the first explicit material witnessed in a film, and what material it is. At the very least, it would win for being the most literally steamy.
After an erotic session of drawing the human form, two young lovers fog up a car to cap off their rendezvous. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio’s backseat escapades managed to be super sexy without showing anything at all. Never has a hand gotten so many people hot and bothered (despite what you are now giggling about).
Most Realistic: “Knocked Up” Sex is pretty awkward, especially for new partners. For every sensual snogfest, there’s a dozen encounters that are just… Not sexy. “Knocked Up” took that idea and ran with it, resulting in a pair of penetrations that definitely weren’t turn-ons.
Seth Rogen drunkenly stumbling to apply a condom? Check. Katherine Heigl freaking out over her pregnant body? Checkmate.
Most Heartwarming: “Boogie Nights” Julianne Moore and Mark Wahlberg go at it in a 1970s porno as Moore reassures her firsttimer co-star. There’s something oddly maternal about Moore’s character, Amber Waves, but she’s just an experienced professional helping out a beginner, even if said beginner is currently (shaft deep down under/embedded in her nether regions). As Sarah Hepola of nerve.com states, “the one scene actually filmed for a porno… is downright touching.” In fact, the entire film is about outcasts forming a kind of surrogate family: one that has sex with each other.
Freakiest: “Black Swan” K. Thor Jensen of Guyism calls it “the Sapphic showdown between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis.” He’s not wrong. The scene takes two hot starlets and has them go to town on each other. Downtown. They claw and moan, but the real draw is the hallucinations.
Natalie Portman’s ballerina is in the midst of a sexual awakening/ mental breakdown, and things become equal parts arousing and disturbing, in short order.