McKnight comes back from suspension to be major factor for Eagles

Following an extensive 12-game suspension, redshirt junior Eric McKnight has returned to the court with full force. Although his absence during the first dozen games was tough on both him and the team, McKnight’s presence in the Eagles last four games has proven to be influential. While he may have appeared to be a little rusty for his first game or two back on the court, the Eric McKnight that “Dunk City” fans and coaches like to see has returned and, hopefully, is here to stay.
In his first game back home at Alico Arena, McKnight scored four points and had two rebounds in the little time he spent in the game against Radford. In his second game back against Lipscomb on Jan. 1, McKnight totaled six points, three blocks and 10 rebounds.
Just four days later in a game on the road against Stetson, he scored a thrilling 14 points and recorded eight rebounds for FGCU. Coach Joe Dooley was proud of the team and stated “Eric played his best game since he’s been back.”
During the past few months, McKnight has worked hard to prove himself to his coaches in order to earn a spot on the court. As a result of his suspension, McKnight says that he has “learned to be more responsible off the court” and to control himself, assuming the role of a leader now that he is back.F
Based on the way he has progressed the past four games, it is clear that McKnight’s experience and high energy on the court are a plus. He may be a very valuable asset to the team as they work their way through conference play and hope to earn a spot in this year’s NCAA tournament.
0108GC12B004