Missing FGCU student found in submerged car off Alligator Alley

A car matching the description of missing FGCU junior Sebastian Ramos was found submerged in a canal on Alligator Alley on Tuesday, Nov. 15.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, two bodies were found inside the 2015 silver Mazda 3 near mile marker 35 on I-75 in the western part of Broward County.

Ramos was last seen at 2 a.m. with his friend Joshua Lausche. Ramos’ family reported him missing Sunday, Nov. 13 after the two attended a concert in Miami on Saturday.

Law enforcement has not yet confirmed the identities of the bodies, but according to NBC-2, Ramos’ mother confirmed via text that her son is dead.

Susan Evans, the official spokesperson of FGCU, released a statement about Ramos.

“We are deeply saddened by tragic loss of our FGCU student Sebastian Ramos and his friend Josh Lausche,” Evans said. “It is unimaginable what their families and friends are going through, and we will keep them close in our thoughts and prayers as they grieve the loss of these young men.”

Ramos was in a band with his brother, Nick, called The Ramos Brothers. The brothers released their first video this past summer for the song, “Ignore It.”

“I went to high school with him, and he was a really sweet kid — always smiling and happy,” FGCU student Garrett Parsons said. “And, we were in choir together in high school.”

According to 7News, there was a Yuengling beer bottle lodged between the rear driver’s side window and the airbag. It is unclear on whether alcohol or speed played a role in the accident.

There was a small plane that crashed in the surrounding area over the weekend. The activity may have led to the discovery of the car.

Lausche’s family is planning a memorial service, and Ramos’ family has been posting videos and photos on their social media pages.