Police Beat: Golf clubs, strange smells, and a stolen bullhorn

Suspicious Vehicle in Garage Three
On Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 5:13 p.m., a complainant called, stating that there was a vehicle on the second floor of Garage 3 that had been running for almost an hour with no one inside the vehicle. The UPD officer could not locate the vehicle upon arrival at 5:19 p.m.
Mysterious Candle
On Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 1:18 a.m., a resident advisor called in to a UPD officer to report that there was a candle on the ground across from the recreation center. UPD investigated and found the candle to be the light from mosquito control.
Stolen Bullhorn
On Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 12:43 p.m., a complainant called in to UPD to report a stolen bullhorn. The item was found and returned by 1:14 p.m.
Reckless Driving
On Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 12:53 p.m., a UPD officer attempted to pull over a vehicle after the driver almost hit a golf cart at the intersection of FGCU Blvd North and FGCU Lake Pkwy West. The subject was reportedly driving above 70 miles per hour, and was issued an NTA for reckless driving.
Fake Driver’s License
On Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 7:17 p.m., a wallet was turned in to the library circulation desk, where it was found to contain a fake Maryland driver’s license. The license was confiscated and the subject was referred to the dean of students. The issue is to be further dealt with by administration.
Strange Smells 
On Friday, Nov. 18 at 12:31 a.m., a UPD officer on a routine building check smelled the odor of something burning. The officer contacted the fire department to investigate. After the fire department conducted a thorough search of the building, they were unable to locate the source of the smell, but suspected that the odor was residual from the previous day’s cooking.
Golf Clubs and Ex-Girlfriends
On Friday, Nov. 18 at 11:32 a.m., an RA called in to the UPD station to state that a resident’s ex-girlfriend was breaking his car windows. The Lee County Sheriff’s Department also responded to the call. The victim’s girlfriend was mad at the victim and used a golf club to break out three of his car windows, but was gone upon officer arrival. The subject initially reported that his girlfriend threatened him with a golf club, but later retracted the statement. At this time, the victim does not want to press charges or have the subject apprehended. Housing has requested the subject be issued a trespassing warning. UPD attempted to contact the subject, but did not receive a call back.
Golf Cart Hits Car
On Saturday, Nov. 19, at 10:04 a.m., a complainant stated that someone hit her vehicle with a golf cart. The driver of the vehicle was illegally parked in front of the fitness center blocking half of the cross walk. A campus golf cart drove past the front of the vehicle on the cross walk, and the right rear tire brushed up against the front bumper of the car leaving a black mark. No damage was done to the golf cart or vehicle, and both drivers suffered no injuries.