Police Beat feb. 7-14

Police+Beat
Matt Ricci

By Blake Bown
Staff Writer
A report was filed to UPD that sounds similar to fireworks were heard in North Lake Village on Friday, Feb. 7. Officials responded, and after searching the area were unable to find anything.
Medics were called to South Village on Sunday, Feb. 9 when a student, who was allergic to bees, was stung and was without an EpiPen. EMS arrived to find the sting was on the leg, and the student had no swelling or loss of breath. The student refused transport but was evaluated before medics left the scene.
UPD was notified on Monday, Feb. 10 when a mother was unable to locate her autistic son. Shortly after he went missing, the missing son was found sleeping in the gallery on the 2nd floor of the Cohen Center. The mother and son were reunited, and the case was closed.
Officials were called to Osprey Hall on Tuesday, Feb. 11 when Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Cape Coral Police Department, and Lee Control all got the subject’s voicemail when attempting the reach the subject via callback. Units were dispatched and the subject was taken to Gulf Coast Hospital for taking a non-recommended amount of prescribed medication, according to police reports. We are unaware of the subject’s identity or condition as of now. 
 A fire alarm was active in the Cohen Center on Thursday, Feb. 13 in the 1st floor mechanical room. Units responded; Lee Control and Johnson control were also contacted. Panel was cleared and Johnson Control worked to fix the waterflow issue.