FGCU’s Board of Trustees is looking to fill the presidency position that Dr. Michael Martin has filled for almost five years.
FGCU’s fourth president is set to retire from his position by the end of the 2022 calendar year.
“It is anticipated that the new president will assume office on or about January 1, 2023,” Coordinator of University Communications & Media Relations Pamela McCabe said.
According to the Board of Trustees June 14 meeting agenda, professional qualifications needed by the president are academic credentials, advocacy, community involvement, financial acumen, higher education issues (economics and trends), information technology, marketing and communications, philanthropy, and university governance.
A proposed timeline of the search is located on FGCU’s website:
– June 15: Official launch date for the search
– July 29: Third PSAC meeting, search update, and planning for semifinalist interviews
– Aug. 15: Best consideration deadline for applications
– Sep. 1: Fourth PSAC meeting, selecting semifinalists and finalized preliminary interview questions
– Sep. 19-21: tentative semi-finalist interviews with PSAC, which will last for two full days
– Sep. 22: Fifth PSAC meeting to discuss due diligence on semifinalists and select finalists to recommend to the Board of Trustees
– Oct. 11-13: Campus forums for finalists
– Oct. 14: BOT interviews candidates advanced by the PSAC
– Nov. 9-10: President-elect will be presented to the Board of Governors by the BOT Chair and PSAC Chair
The Presidential Search Advisory Committee consists of:
– Mr. Edward Morton, Committee chair; FGCU Board of Trustees vice-chair
– Ms. Grace Brannigan, FGCU Board of Trustees; FGCU Student Government president
– Mr. Joseph Catti, director, chairman, and CEO of FineMark National Bank & Trust and FineMark Holdings, Inc.
– Ms. Ashley Coone, founder and president of Ashley Coone Consulting; DeSoto County Board of Commissioners
– Mr. Richard P. Eide, Jr., FGCU Board of Trustees
– Ms. Darlene Jordan, Florida Board of Governors
– Ms. Gail Markham, partner, Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A.
– Ms. Tina McCain Matte, of counsel, Gravina, Smith, Matte & Arnold Marketing and Public Relations
– Mr. Luis Rivera, FGCU Board of Trustees
– Dr. Rebecca Totaro, FGCU associate dean of Curriculum & Assessment; English professor
– Dr. Arie van Duijn, FGCU professor of physical therapy
– Ms. Kristen Vanselow, FGCU assistant vice president for Innovation Education and Partnerships
– Mr. Charles Winton, president of Estero Bay Chevrolet