Your Guide to Off Campus Relaxation

Photo courtesy of Pexels

Photo courtesy of Pexels

Tori Foltz, Editor-in-Chief

Although there are a lot of things to do on campus, sometimes escaping your dorm and the Canvas notifications is a necessity. Here are just a few places around campus where a lot of students enjoy spending their free time.

Cattyshack Cafe 

If you love cats, the Cattyshack Cafe is the place to be! If you’re looking for some animal interaction, you can make a reservation to interact with adoptable cats and kittens. You can also walk in, order your favorite drink, and sit down in front of the glass window to do some homework and watch some kittens.

Nectar Lab

If you’re looking for a relaxing change of scenery to finish up your homework, our local kava bar is just what you’re searching for. Nectar Lab offers a variety of menu items and sets the scene for pure relaxation. 

Regal Gulf Coast Movie Theater

Just five minutes away from campus, you can watch the latest movies on the big screen. Grab some friends and escape from the reality of endless assignments for just a few hours. Don’t forget to stop at the Dollar Tree across the street to grab your favorite candy!

Bonita Beach

Although we have luxurious pools and the North Lake waterfront on campus, sometimes you want to venture off campus. The big blue ocean is waiting for you just about 30 minutes away. Don’t forget your sunscreen!

Miromar Outlets 

If you love shopping as much as any college student, you’ll love this outlet mall. Miromar Outlets is about a five-minute drive from campus and has just about every store you can think of. Along with outlet prices, there’s also a plethora of restaurants to choose from such as Naples Flatbread Kitchen and Bar, Ford’s Garage, Go Greek, and more.

College can be overwhelming, so always remember that taking a break to do something you enjoy is important for your mental health. Let us know if you try any of these local hang-out spots!

Photo By: https://www.pexels.com/