Learn where to study: the quietest spots on campus are revealed

One of the most important things college students can do to keep their grades in check is to find a great study spot — one that makes you feel comfortable, helps you concentrate and makes you feel as though the mission is accomplished when you are finished. Here are a few great study spots around campus.

The Library
The Library has many great areas for studying. The array of study spots is one of the main reasons why students should use it. My personal favorite is located on the second floor where there is a study area that looks out into the wilderness, as well as the people commuting to and from campus. However, if you are easily distracted, this area might not be for you. Instead, the first floor has a great enclosed area next to Starbucks.

Academic Building 7
In Academic Building 7, the first floor has many tables and chairs arranged for a nice study area. The building is quiet most of time, so this is also one to consider if you’re looking for a quiet study session.

Merwin Hall
The first floor of Merwin Hall has a nice little area for studying. Although it doesn’t have a set of tables, it does have comfy chairs for studying. The building can get a little noisy between class periods, but other than that, it’s as quiet while classes are in session.

The Link
The lobby between Holmes Hall and Lutgert Hall has a cafe called The Link. This is a great area to meet with group members to study together or to work on projects.

Lutgert Hall
The west side of Lutgert Hall has many chairs with circular tables attached, which make this an ideal study spot. This is also a great area because it’s very quiet and great for personal study sessions.