WARNING: Zombiefest is coming to FGCU

Survive the zombie attack at the third annual Zombiefest hosted by the Programming Board’s Late Night committee.
“We have had over a few hundred students come in the past, clearly growing year after year.  We are definitely expecting this year to be the biggest Zombiefest yet,” said Shelby Borisman, director of late night,
The committee voted on what vendors and entertainment will thrill students at Zombiefest. It will be held from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Oct. 28.
“I would say that finding ways to keep Zombiefest exciting and different wasn’t necessarily a challenge, but it has taken a great deal of work,” Borisman said. “I am very proud of my Late Night Committee for all their efforts so far. Together we have gone beyond my highest expectations and I could not have done it without them.”
Halloween-themed drinks and ghostly frozen treats will satisfy students’ hunger at this event as Late Night has taken ice cream to another level.
“We are going to have liquid nitrogen ice cream with awesome flavors; it’s delicious,” Borisman said. “I’m absolutely trying to spice up the event and make it the most incredible Zombiefest you have ever seen.”
There will also be “scare zones” designed to replicate horror scenarios. The haunted house will make yet another appearance after its popularity the year before. There will be more information announced as the event gets closer.
“Of course I am very excited about the haunted house we are going to have, but this year we are adding a lot of unexpected novelties as well,” Borisman said.
Aside from Zombiefest, Late Night has plenty of other events, especially in October. To keep Florida Gulf Coast University’s campus alive with autumn action, the Late Night Committee puts on other events such as Movies on the Lawn, Wacky Wednesdays and  comedy shows.
“I will so be at every single [event], I’m a little too excited!” Borisman said.
The Movies on the Lawn will include; “Maleficent” at 8 p.m. Oct. 7 on the Cohen Center Lawn and “The Purge: Anarchy” at 8 p.m. Oct. 21 on the Library Lawn. Popcorn will be provided. Wacky Wednesday will be at 11 a.m. Oct. 22.
There will be a comedy show in the Cohen Center ballroom from 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 23.