FGCU students arrested for more than 100 grams of marijuana substances

On Monday, Nov. 2, two FGCU students were arrested for possession of more than 100 grams of marijuana substances following a routine room inspection in North Lake Village.
Both Zachary Tyler Picciano and Zachary Louis Shaffer are facing multiple drug-related felony charges after their building Q apartment was searched.

Zachary Louis Shaffer
Zachary Louis Shaffer, 19

Zachary Tyler Picciano
Zachary Tyler Picciano, 19

Shaffer was found to have 93.2 grams of marijuana, edibles, paraphernalia and $1,290 in US currency in his room. Shaffer voluntarily provided a statement to UPD officers. He now faces one count offelony substance possession, one count of felony substance distribution within 1,000 feet of a college campus and one misdemeanor count of drug paraphernalia possession.
Picciano was found to be in possession of 23.6 grams of “dabs oil,” a well-known marijuana substance. According to arrest reports, before being questioned, Picciano declared that he only sells to his friends to cover his costs. He now faces the same charges as his roommate — one count of felony substance-possession, one count of felony substance-distribution within 1,000 feet of a college campus and one misdemeanor count of drug paraphernalia possession.
Both Picciano and Shaffer were transported to Lee Country Jail where their bonds were set at $16,500 each. Both teens were bailed out early Tuesday morning.