Eagle Eats: S’mores Popcorn Balls
- 1 bag of natural microwave popcorn
- 1/4 cup of butte
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Pop popcorn according to package directions; then set aside
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter on medium heat until golden brown
- Add the whole bag of marshmallow and stir constantly until they are completely melted
- Then add in the vanilla extract
- Remove from heat
- Add the popcorn and Golden Grahams, and fold into marshmallow mixture
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, lightly spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray
- Scoop up some of the popcorn mixture and smoosh it into a ball
- Roll it around a cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips, and then gently press them into the popcorn ball.
- Place on a sheet of waxed paper to place the s’mores popcorn balls onto.
These s’mores popcorn balls combine two classic treats into one, s’mores and popcorn balls. The gooey buttery marshmallow mixture is holding the whole ball together to create a delicious snack or even a desert. This recipe doesn’t have a set outcome on how many s’mores popcorn balls you will have. The amount depends on how much you grab when you roll them into balls. Alternative’s to this recipe is instead of chocolate chips use M&M’s and switch out the Golden Grahams for some pretzels. Enjoy!