Board of Trustees chairman reveals new details of president search

Before FGCU President Wilson Bradshaw relinquishes his title in 16 months, the Board of Trustees must carefully select a replacement. During the March 18 Faculty Senate meeting, BOT chairman Dudley Goodlette revealed new details of the Presidential Search Advisory Committee’s selection process.
On-campus interviews for the three to five selected applicants will begin in January or February 2017.
“It will be no fewer than three unranked candidates,” Goodlette said.
The PSAC will consist of subcommittees who will, in turn, look for a search consultant to assist them in the candidate selection process. Goodlette ensured the senators that those who are applying to be the next leader of the university will be well informed of the runnings of the institution.
“Those three to five candidates will be extensively engaged in the university,” Goodlette said.
When it came time for senators to ask open questions about the selection process, College of Arts and Sciences representative Sen. Jamie MacDonald asked if there was a possibility of the next president having experience solely outside of academics.
“My expectation is that it would be someone with a significant academic background,” Goodlette said.
He also stated that he has high hopes that during the selection process, the candidates learn the institution’s “rich history.”
“We’re going to have some qualified and talented applicants,” Goodlette said.