President Timur Announces Cohen Student Union Remodel Plans

Jeffrey Hrunka

President Timur announced Oct. 16 that students will start seeing significant changes in Cohen Student Union.

“FGCU is preparing for a significant renovation that will provide our student union with a more welcoming, living room-style atmosphere,” Timur stated in the email. 

According to the email, it will take about two years to complete all of the renovations. The university is conducting the renovations in three phases. Phase one will begin Oct. 30 and will focus on updating Einstein’s Bros Bagels and the walkway/lobby area leading out to the bookstore parking lot.

The email included two photos of phase one, which details a more open space, more comfortable seating areas and a bolder color scheme, according to the email. Timur states that this all aligns with the university’s new branding initiative. 

Einstein’s will be temporarily moving to the food court area where it will be offering a condensed menu in the The Rally space. Einstein’s will be closed Oct. 27-28 while they move. It is anticipated to reopen on Oct. 30.