Pop Culture Weekly Recap (12/28/15 – 1/4/15)

“Pitch Perfect” co-stars Anna Camp and Skylar Astin announce engagement via Instagram

Co-stars of the hit movie franchise “Pitch Perfect” announced their engagement with a selfie on Instagram, captioned, “I asked. She said yes!!!” Camp and Astin have appeared in both “Pitch Perfect” and “Pitch Perfect 2” in their roles as Aubrey and Jesse, alongside Rebel Wilson and Anna Kendrick.

The couple has been together since the summer of 2013, shortly after the release of the first movie.

“Pitch Perfect 3” has been scheduled for release in 2017 and will be directed by Elizabeth Banks.

Kendall Jenner and Harry Styles celebrate New Year’s at sea

Kendal Jenner and Harry Styles seated together at the 2015 AMA's in LA. Special to Eagle News.
Kendal Jenner and Harry Styles seated together at the 2015 AMA’s in LA. Special to Eagle News.

Jenner spent her holidays vacationing in the Caribbean with teen heartthrob Harry Styles of One Direction. The two were very flirtatious on a yacht in St. Barts, keeping rumors of dating ablaze. Jenner was seen celebrating New Year’s Day on the boat with Styles and they were joined by Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia De Rossi for lunch one day.

While Jenner and Styles shared close cuddles and playful moments, neither has commented on the status of their relationship.

Lorde caught throwing shade at celebs vacationing in St. Barts

Lorde performing at Lollapalooza Chile in March 2014. Special to Eagle News.

After venting on Instagram about her lack of vacation time and how “all the pretty famous boys and girls are on yachts or in Saint Barts,” Lorde was put on blast by some of the singer’s almost 3.2 million followers for allegedly targeting the post against Kendall Jenner, Harry Styles and many other celebs enjoying their Caribbean vacations.

To keep the peace, the “Royals” singer edited her post, adding, “Lol no ‘shade’ folks, if I were on an island or in even near-ish proximity to a yacht you would be hearing all the f— about it, just making fun of my own lameness.”

Jaden Smith is the new model for Louis Vuitton’s women’s wear

Jaden Smith in Loius Vuitton’s 2016 ad campaign. Special to Eagle News.

Beginning his movement into gender-fluid fashion in 2015, Jaden Smith was first spotted wearing a dress in Calabasas while out with friends. He then shared a picture on Instagram of himself in another dress, saying, “Went To Top Shop To Buy Some Girl Clothes, I Mean ‘Clothes.’”

Recently, Smith announced his role as the new face of Louis Vuitton’s women’s wear campaign. Shot by photographer Bruce Weber, two of the ads made their debut on LV’s creative director Nicolas Ghesquière’s Instagram. Rocking a leather jacket, multi-pattern skirt and woven shirt, Smith gives a fresh and edgy look to the constraints of gender boundaries.