Sale family donates $1 million to launch E.A.G.L.E Campaign

By Jake Henning
Assistant Sports Editor
On Friday night, Chris and Brianne Sale made a $1 million donation the E.A.G.L.E Campaign, a foundation that hopes to raise money in support of FGCU athletics. 
Chris and Brianne, both of whom are FGCU alumni, met while attending the university and even had their first son while still in college. 
“This University holds so many special memories for Brianne and I – we have discussed making this donation for a while and we just want to do what we can to help make FGCU bigger and better,” Sale said. 
Sale has been very involved with the FGCU baseball team, especially now that he spends his spring training right here in Fort Myers with the Red Sox. Over his 10 seasons as a professional, Sale has donated money and even spent time with the Eagles. 
“There has been a core group of people at FGCU who have really helped the University grow over the years. The Swanson Family has done so much for the baseball program specifically and we’re trying to broaden that support overall,” said Sale.
The campaign will focus on various improvements to the athletics department, working towards elevating the student-athlete experience at FGCU. The gift from the Sales will go towards a new Daktronics video board system at Swanson Stadium. 
“On behalf of us all, I thank Chris and Brianne for their generosity in making this gift. Our fundraising efforts make it possible to offer a number of programs and services which enhance the experience of our student-athletes and in turn, enrich their complete experience at FGCU,” said President Mike Martin. “The generosity of donors have helped make our Athletic Department first rate.”
The Department of Athletics have a broader vision on progressing all parts of FGCU Athletics and will continue their efforts with the E.A.G.L.E Campaign.