UPD Beat

Alexandra Porter, Staff Writer

The University Police Department received a call about an assault at West Lake Village with one female and one male student on Dec. 11, according to the UPD report. The report said they found the female student who stated it was a verbal argument and was not physical.

The female student was put into custody, according to the report. The male student was later found at Osprey Hall. The male student stated that he left his girlfriend’s, the female student’s, apartment and the female student followed him. The male student said the female student scratched his neck, scratched his left arm, and pushed his groin, according to the report.

A 1-foot-long baby gator was by the walkway of Everglades Hall on Dec. 11, according to the UPD report. The caller was concerned for the animal’s safety, and UPD arrived and safely guided the gator to the water.

Housing staff at West Lake Village called UPD on Dec. 12 about an intoxicated student destroying another student’s property the night before. The report says charges were not pressed.

On Dec. 15, a noise complaint was issued to a student who was playing tuba for around 15 minutes at West Lake Village, according to the UPD report. The report said the student was ignoring people attempting to talk to him. At 5 a.m., UPD made contact with the student, and according to the report, the student stated that he was practicing for finals.