Christmas in September: Apple unveils iPhone 6 and 6 plus

For Apple techies such as myself, September is always like Christmas.
Each September, Apple unveils new products, usually the newest iPhone and iPad, to the world and everyone, including myself, drools in awe.
Yesterday was no different.
Apple was speculated to release a new iPhone and some sort of wearable device, but nobody really knew what to expect.
Tim Cook wasted no time during his speech at the September event conference in Cupertino, Calif., to announce the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus.  He was on stage just eight minutes before he started to unveil what he called “the best iPhone yet.” The amount of time he spent before getting into products was unusual because usually they spend a good 10 to 15 minutes going over numbers on just how well they are doing before they launch new products. In the midst of iCloud’s biggest hack ever, I’m sure Cook didn’t want to stall before he got the ball rolling on announcing the new awesomeness.
Now to the products.
An iPhone is expected every fall. That’s been the normality since the iPhone 4s was released in fall of 2011. The consensus on what was going to happen was that Apple was going to release a bigger screen version of the iPhone and possibly a second, even larger, version.
They nailed the prediction right on the head. The iPhone 6 comes with a 4.7-inch screen and the iPhone 6 Plus comes with a 5.5-inch screen (compared to the 4-inch screen on the iPhone 5s) and it looks like they’ve gone back to the style of the first iPhone. The edges are now rounded, and believe it or not, it’s even thinner than the 5s, which at the time was the thinnest iPhone yet. Though it’s not much different that its predecessor, the iPhone 6 has a new A8 chip that is about 25 percent faster than the A7 in the 5s and upped the battery life, something that was greatly needed. In the massive new iPhone 6 Plus, the only difference is the screen size. If you like huge screens, then the iPhone 6 Plus is your best bet, but if you already have an iPhone 5s,  then I would suggest to just wait a while to upgrade your phone. The changes aren’t massive enough to pay a boatload of money to upgrade.
The second product that Apple revealed will be a game-changer, in my opinion. There was wild speculation going around that Apple would release some sort of wearable device, similar to the Samsung Gear, and they did with the Apple Watch. And boy, oh boy, was it a release. Cook gave it a brief introduction then let his senior vice president of design, Sir Jonathan Ive, narrate a 10-minute video about how awesome the new Apple Watch is. It’s basically like an iPhone that you can wear on your wrist. You can answer calls, texts and emails and even use third-party apps that will set it apart from the competition.
The Apple Watch will come in three models: a regular one, a sport version and a fancy one coated in gold. The apps will set the watch apart from all the other competitors, and the health-kit function will revolutionize the way that people work out and focus on their health. Prices start at $349 and the product will be available in early 2015.