Jennifer Lawrence breaks silence on leaked nude photos

Actor Jennifer Lawrence spoke out about her nude photo leak in November’s  issue of  Vanity Fair.
“Just because I’m a public figure, just because I’m an actress, does not mean that I asked for this,” Lawrence said. “It does not mean that it comes with the territory. It’s my body, and it should be my choice, and the fact that it is not my choice is absolutely disgusting. I can’t believe that we even live in that kind of world.”
Over a month ago, more than 20 A-list female celebrity figures discovered that their personal X-rated pictures shot on their cell phones had been hacked from their iCloud account and leaked on the Internet for all to see. A few of the victims included “The Hunger Games” star Lawrence, former Nickelodeon “Victorious” star Victoria Justice, “Glee” star Lea Michelle and many more.
Of all the names on the list, only a handful had decided to speak out about the matter. Those who spoke out did it in a number of ways, which ranged from light and innocent humor, to claims that the photos were fake and facts that they were indeed real.
“I was just so afraid. I didn’t know how this would affect my career,” Lawrence began. She admitted to the fact that in August she had attempted to write a statement on the situation but quickly decided against it.
“Every single thing that I tried to write made me cry or get angry. I started to write an apology, but I don’t have anything to say I’m sorry for. I was in a loving, healthy, great relationship for four years,” she recalled. “It was long distance, and either your boyfriend is going to look online or he’s going to look at you.”
Not only does this starlet have something to say about what went down in August, but students on campus do as well.
“To be honest, yes it’s an invasion of privacy, but at the same time, you should know there’s always a risk when you take sexual photos,” sophomore forensic science major Amanda Johnson said. “Photos don’t disappear when you delete them. Once it’s taken it stays with you forever. In a way they brought it upon themselves and should just be honest about it instead of saying it’s a sex crime. If they weren’t celebrities, no one would really care. It’d be on an adult website most likely.”