Three RSO bills pass, butterfly garden idea introduced at Feb. 2 SG Senate meeting

Student Government Senate met on Tuesday, Feb. 2 in Cohen Center 249 to discuss several bills that were presented to the organization by various RSOs on campus.
The first bill discussed, the FGCU Eagles Ultimate Operational Bill, involved the FGCU Eagles Ultimate Frisbee Club asking SG for $420 for athletic jerseys and other items that the club would find useful. The club holds scrimmage games on campus and also attends tournaments across the state. SG voted to amend the number of jerseys from 20 to seven. The amendment passed.
The FGCU Aviation Club Operational Bill was discussed next. The RSO, which has been on campus since this past fall, asked for money for 20 t-shirts for members. The organization’s mission is to connect aviators and non-aviators, as well as students who have an interest in flying. The amendment passed.
The Psychology Club Operational Bill involved the RSO, which has been on campus for four years and meets in Merwin Hall on the first Monday of every month, asking for money to supply the members with 25 t-shirts, food and money to cater two upcoming events the club is hosting — a professional panel on March 14 and a graduate showcase in April. The bill was moved to second reading for the next meeting.
The FGCU Butterfly Garden Beautification Bill involved the Wildlife Club asking for $180 in plants from All Native Garden Center in order to create a butterfly garden near the food forest. The garden will be managed by the Wildlife Club.
The Wildlife Club’s name was brought back up during the meeting when the Wildlife Club Student Oriented Seminar Bill was reviewed. The bill consisted of the RSO asking for a $1000 honorarium to go towards a nationwide known speaker to attend its April 12 seminar. This bill was moved to first reading for the next meeting.
SG senate voted to bring back the CSA Operational Bill for a second reading; however, it did not pass.
During the meeting, senate also talked about the organization’s allocated budget for the school year, along with on campus sorority Delta Delta Delta’s upcoming Delta House of Pancakes event on Tuesday, Feb. 23 to benefit cancer research.