‘Overwatch’ to see its own collegiate tournament

Heroes of the Dorm isn’t the only collegiate video game  tournament.
Coordinated by members of the TeSPA community, the Overwatch Regional Clash is pitting the best collegiate teams from four regions across the United States against each other in Blizzard’s upcoming title, “Overwatch.”
TeSPA, a collegiate eSports network, is made up of different chapters and clubs on different university campuses nationwide. It offers a host of different eSports opportunities for students to compete in, such as Heroes of the Dorm. Though, this particular tournament isn’t being held by TeSPA. Instead, it’s being hosted by a familiar face.
Maikol Brito, the president of the Eagle eSports team at FGCU and a regional coordinator for TeSPA, is teaming up with Seamus Anderson, the president of the TeSPA chapter at University of Virginia. The two, having met in the TeSPA community last year, were inspired to host the event together in hopes of bringing together the first collegiate “Overwatch” event.
The Overwatch Regional Clash will last for a total of seven weeks, and registration is open for all four regions. The tournament will be run with two teams representing each of the four regions, duking it out in double round-robin battles where each player will meet every other player within the round.
Currently, this tournament is only open to collegiate students who have access to the Overwatch beta in Battle.net, and players may only register in the regions that their school is located in. FGCU, for instance, is located in TeSPA’s southern region.
Registration does not guarantee placement in the tournament, as players will be selected based on their applications. All those selected will then be placed in a pool, and teams will be determined at random.
For more information and registration, be sure to check out all the details at the Eagle eSports website, EagleLAN.com.