The Student News Site of Florida Gulf Coast University

Eagle Media

Eagle Media

Eagle Media

Capsule wardrobes are the ultimate idea for spring cleaning

The trending “capsule wardrobe” has made its mark among clothing styles of every color, price range and brand, just in time for spring cleaning.
Capsule wardrobes are a collection of clothes and accessories that include only the absolute essentials, fit all occasions and amount to anywhere from 16 to 80 pieces.
Whether you are buying for the year or for the season, a capsule wardrobe is said to limit the amount of stress and clutter in your life by reducing the “noise” in your closet, creating a selection that makes you feel good, limits your choices and de-clutters your clothes.
New York Magazine’s “The Cut” reported that around 20 percent of the average consumer’s closet is worn on a daily basis. That leaves 80 percent to sit unworn, probably collecting dust in the back of your drawers.
Cladwell is a digital service dedicated to helping consumers feel, look and spend better. Its newest venture “Capsules” offers step-by-step instructions on how to get rid of unwanted clothing items and accessories.
While it doesn’t send you packages like other monthly subscriptions, it does tailor a closet space to your ideal color palette, activity schedule and style choices.

Verily Capsule Wardrobe.
Verily Capsule Wardrobe.

“When we put something on our bodies, we express something within ourselves: our thoughts, our creativity, and values,” states Capsules by Cladwell
A variety of Pinterest boards also capture the essence of what a capsule wardrobe is meant to be.
The Capsule Project gives pinners all the tips and ideas they’ll need on how to create their own capsule wardrobe, from building a dress wardrobe to a complete closet for the year.
Once you clean your closet, find your style and learn your color palette, how do you go about piecing together your capsule wardrobe?
A basic yearlong capsule wardrobe can consist of eight bottoms, seven layers, 12 tops, 10 pieces of outerwear and so on and so forth.
For example, tops might include seven sleeveless shirts, three long-sleeve shirts and two going-out tops. Three pairs of jeans, three pairs of shorts and two dress pants could be used as the bottoms portion of the wardrobe.
Create your perfect wardrobe through your own finds, or check Pinterest for ideas that fit your needs.

Story continues below advertisement
Leave a Comment
More to Discover

Comments (0)

All Eagle Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *