General Counsel proposes updates to three regulations

The Office of the General Counsel, an entity at FGCU that represents the university in legal matters, proposed three new regulations that were posted on the department website on Thursday, May 5.
The three changed regulations consist of updates made to Tuition and Fees, Employee Compensation and Classification Plans and Undergraduate Admissions.
Regulation FGCU-PR7.001, Tuition and Fees, was amended to “reduce the per-credit hour cost of a repeated course.” According to the notice of regulatory action, the fees will be updated based on the full cost of instruction according to Board of Governors Regulation 7.001(11).
As of June 11 2015, a student enrolled in the same undergraduate course more than twice would have been charged an additional $177.94 per credit hour. Now due to the regulation, students will be charged $177.57, 37 cents less. This was the only change made to the document.
Regulation FGCU-PR5.001, Employee Compensation and Classification Plans, was amended to “add clarifying language to the definitions of the classifications, as well as additional information about the classifications themselves.” Changes made to the document were mostly stylistic, including changing titles to all capital letters. A few word choice changes were made as well.
A fourth section was added to the document titled “Executive Service Classification.” The sentence stated that individuals classified as executive service are at the pleasure of the president and can be moved “as the president deems appropriate.”
Regulation FGCU-PR2.001, Undergraduate Admissions, was amended to “align it with recent amendment to Board of Governors Regulations 6.001 and 6.004 as well as provide greater detail of admission requirements for each type.”
Prospective students applying for Spring 2017 or later terms are no longer required to submit an essay score from the SAT or ACT; however, they are required to achieve a score of 460 or higher on the reading and math portions of the SAT. These students must also have a combined score of at least 1010 on the SAT or an ACT composite score of 21.
Changes were made to rules applying to transfer students as well. Transfer students with 30 or more but less than 60 transferable credit hours must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, be in good standing with the last institution they attended and have successfully completed at least one English composition course and one college level mathematics course with a C or higher. Transfer students will also be held responsible for their foreign language requirement; high school transcripts will be looked over.