Donation fund opens for victims of the Club Blu shooting

A donation fund has been created in partnership with the Southwest Florida Community Foundation, the City of Fort Myers and the United Way of Lee, Charlotte, Glades and Okeechobee counties in response to the shooting that occurred at Club Blu Bar and Grill in Fort Myers early Monday morning.
“There has already been a tremendous outpouring to our city from across the country sharing their thoughts and prayers and wanting to know how they can help,” Fort Myers Mayor Randall R. Henderson Jr. said in press release. “We hope people will help their neighbors in this time of need.”
One hundred percent of the donations will be put aside to support those affected by the shooting, including victims and their families.
“Just like the fund we opened following Hurricane Charley, we are reaching out to our community to help Fort Myers heal by making donations to assist the needs of these victims, their families and those touched by this horrific tragedy on our youth,” said Sarah Owen, the president and CEO of the Southwest Florida Community Foundation, in a press release. “We will work with our community partner United Way to distribute funds to those impacted by the crisis.”
For more information, call 239-274-5900. Donations can be made by visiting www.floridacommunity.com.