UPDATED: Presidential Search Advisory Committee to hold open forum

EN Photo / Taylor Crehan
UPDATED: (Aug. 26, 3:24 p.m.) In an earlier version of this article, it stated that Susan Evans was a member of the Board of Trustees. Evans is a corporate secretary.
Students, faculty, staff and members of the community are invited to share feedback to the Presidential Search Advisory Committee’s revised search timeline during the first open forum of the fall semester.
“The Presidential Search Advisory Committee wants to receive input from all of the university’s constituent groups,” Vice President and Chief of Staff Susan Evans said, in an email. “Organizing the forums around the four major constituent groups will achieve this goal. The four major constituent groups, as defined by the subject forums, are students, faculty, staff and community.”
The PSAC will welcome members of the community to bring up questions that are found on the president search survey, which is available on the committee’s website, during four separate forums – one for faculty members on Monday, Aug. 22 from noon to 1 p.m. in the Cohen Center ballroom, one for students on Monday, Aug. 22from6p.m.to7p.m. also in the Cohen Center ballroom, one for the community on Tuesday, Aug. 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. in the ballroom, and one for staff members from noon to 1 p.m. in the ballroom.

The survey can be found here. Responses made through the survey will be accepted through the deadline of Sept. 1. Witt/Kieffer, the executive search firm chosen by the committee to assist the search, will be holding the forums.
“We have completed the planning for the forums, and the format is arranged around the questions found in the online survey,” Evans said. “Some people may wish to participate in person at a forum, and other people may prefer to do the online survey. We may have some people who participate both ways, which would be great.”

As a corporate secretary to the Board of Trustees, Evans has been staffing the presidential search process, despite not being a member of the committee.

“I’m not a member of the committee, however, I’m looking forward to the same kinds of things as the committee, which is feedback from the university’s key constituents as to what qualifications and traits are important in FGCU’s next president.” Evans said.

Results of the survey will be revealed by representatives of Witt/Kieffer during the September 6 PSAC meeting.

“We have not yet seen the results of the survey,” Evans said.

For more information about the forums, visit www.fgcu.edu/presidentialsearch/campusforums.asp.