Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center to host ‘Connect Networking’

The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center will be hosting “The Sunny Side and the Shady Side of Amendment 1: What Floridians Need to Know” Oct. 10 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.

The Connect Networking event is open to the public and allows for networking opportunities where people can socialize, expand their business or personal relationships and connect with those around them in the community.

It is a quarterly event that was created to engage participants and educate them on informative topics through guest speakers.

Connect Networking, hosted by Melissa Tschari DeHaven, will feature guest speakers voicing their concerns with Amendment 1 (freedom of religion, speech and the press) and will begin and end with 30-minute networking sessions.

Sidney and Bernes art center
Photo Courtesy of Sidney & Berne Arts Center.

SWFL Clean Water activist, John G. Heim, will be making an appearance, along with guest speaker Rick Vaske, director of operations at Advance Solar.

Heim, a Fort Myers Beach resident of nearly 20 years, is the leader of the SWFL Clean Water movement. He will present the latest clean water updates and give insight on which representatives are on the side of clean water.

Vaske has been with Advance Solar the past three years. From his position, he has had experience with the power of solar energy and wants to share how Amendment 1 will impact Florida voters.

Admission for the event is $10 and sponsor, Capone’s Coal Fired Pizza, will provide food for participants.

Those interested in reserving networking promotional table space can purchase a $40 package, including admission for two, a microphone spotlight on the business and a six-foot linen clothed table.

Additional dates for Connect Networking events are Jan. 23 and May 15, 2017.

For more information, visit the Sidney & Berne Davis website at www.sbdac.com/event/connect-networking-10-10/