UPDATE: FGCU student missing

Photo courtesy of Amanda Allen’s Facebook page.

UPDATE: (Oct. 6, 4:07 p.m.) In response to further questioning from Eagle News, Spencer Allen stated that Amanda Allen was not abducted.
UPDATE: (Oct. 6, 11:13 a.m.) Lee County Sheriff’s Office released a press release stating that Amanda Allen was found safely in Pasco County, Florida and that “there is no indication of an outstanding police imposter/kidnapper and there is no threat to the public.”
UPDATE: (Oct. 6, 8:14 a.m.) On the morning of Thursday, Oct. 6, Amanda Allen’s father, Spencer Allen, wrote on Facebook that she has been found.

Amanda Allen
Screenshot courtesy of Spencer Allen’s Facebook page.

FGCU student Amanda Allen has been reported missing by her father, Spencer Allen, on Oct. 5.
His Facebook post has gone viral with over 2,800 shares as of 11:00 p.m. The post explains that Amanda was last heard from at 11:42 a.m. and was supposed to be going to work.
“(She was) last seen leaving for work at Wally’s Deli and never showed up —wearing white shorts and blue t-shirt, possibly a Wally’s work shirt,” Spencer said.
Spencer said that Lee County Sheriff’s Office sent over the Major Crimes Unit due to the post going viral.
The post states that Amanda’s last read receipt sent from her phone was at 1 p.m. today.
“(There has been) no contact by phone or text other than an odd text to an old friend saying she was hiding out from everyone and all her responsibilities,” Spencer said. “It’s almost like whomever is texting him is fake.”
Amanda Allen missing
Photo courtesy of Amanda Allen Facebook page

Amanda drives a 2010 red Lexus RX 350 with the license plate number 419PMH.
Eagle News has reached out to Lee County Sheriff’s Office for further information and has yet to receive a response.