Naples Preserve hosts a free holiday house for guests

Naples+Preserve
Children decorate a tree at the Holiday Spirit open house at the Naples Preserve. (Photo courtesy of Laura Tichy-Smith)

With Christmas just weeks away, more and more people are entering the gift giving spirit. This year, Naples Preserve offers a special gift to residents in the area.
Naples Preserve will be hosting a free holiday open house from Dec. 9-11 for anyone who would like to attend.
The event which is geared toward preserving the holiday spirit and allowing families to have a fun time will be transforming the preserve into a winter wonderland that is set to amaze visitors and form memories that will last all year.
The preserve will feature holiday trees decorated to match both the holiday and environmental themes of the preserve while also teaching environmental education to attendees.
Seasonal drinks and food will be available alongside a story time event and a guided night tour through the boardwalk in the nature preserve.
For the first time, “The Litter Critter” mascot will also pose for photo opportunities as he teaches children about the importance of recycling to help the local wildlife of Southwest Florida.
According to the event organizer Rebecca Speer, attendees will also have the chance to meet the animal ambassadors, like Trouper the blind raccoon from Wildlife Education Project, who was featured on National Geographic WILD channel’s, “Unlikely Animal Friends.”
Children can participate in several entertaining, craft and exploration activities, including the opportunity to create a Naples Preserve Passport and earning a free gift.
As it has become one of Naples’s many holiday traditions, this year’s Preserving the Holiday Spirit Open House will offer more fun than it ever has with free activities offered to the public as well as a free concert featuring several musical groups. Admission is free and the holiday house will be open from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
For more information on the event you can contact Rebecca J. Speer at 239-261-4290 or [email protected].