FGCU’s Presidential Search Advisory Committee Welcomes Two New Members

The need for a continuation of the presidential search caused committee members to step down

Hayley Lemery, Assignment & Features Editor

On Jan. 10, FGCU’s Board of Trustees Chair Blake Gable announced that two new members will join the Presidential Search Advisory Committee. The search for FGCU’s fifth president is ongoing.

The new members are Joseph G. Fogg III and Dr. Shelton Weeks. Fogg is currently a member of FGCU’s Board of Trustees and Weeks is a professor and the director of FGCU’s Lucas Institute for Real Estate Development & Finance.

Committee members Dr. Arie van Duijn and Ashley Coone are no longer able to participate in the search. 

“…​​I want to publicly thank them for their service to the committee during the past year,” Gable said in the email.

The Presidential Search Advisory Committee now includes:

Mr. Edward Morton, committee chair and FGCU’s Board of Trustees vice chair

Ms. Grace Brannigan, FGCU’s Student Government president and member of the Board of Trustees 

Mr. Joseph Catti, director, chairman and CEO of FineMark National Bank & Trust and FineMark Holdings, Inc

Mr. Richard P. Eide, Jr., member of FGCU’s Board of Trustees

Mr. Joseph G. Fogg III, member of FGCU’s Board of Trustees

Ms. Darlene Jordan, member of Florida Board of Governors

Ms. Gail Markham, partner of Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A.

Ms. Tina McCain Matte, of counsel, Garvina, Smith, Matte & Arnold Marketing and Public Relations

Mr. Luis Rivera, member of FGCU’s Board of Trustees

Dr. Rebecca Totaro, English professor and FGCU’s associate dean of Curriculum and Assessment

Ms. Kristen Vanselow, FGCU’s assistant vice president for Innovation Education and Partnership

Dr. Shelton Weeks, FGCU’s director of the Lucas Institute for Real Estate Development & Finance

Mr. Charles Winton, president of Estero Bay Chevrolet

The search committee plans to meet at 10 a.m. in the Cohen Student Union Ballroom on Friday, Jan. 13. The meeting will also be livestreamed. An estimated timeline of the second search for FGCU’s fifth president has not been released.