School survival guide: What you need to know

As a young adult away from home for the first time, the freedom feels so good. But all that glitters isn’t gold. This college experience will teach you many lessons that you will need in life, from time management to money management. The difference between college and high school will sink in quickly. As soon as your first class starts, the structure and the seriousness sets in. Taking this experience seriously is a must. Here are a few tips you may find handy:
Time management
Learn to manage your classes, homework and job (for those who have one). Yes, having fun is a must, but don’t forget that schoolwork comes first.
Money management 

Because you aren’t with your parents 24-7 anymore, you will have to decide your money usage on your own. Learn to budget; the shuttle service is free and it is there for your benefit for transportation from housing to campus. If you’re not able to afford groceries, FGCU has a Food Pantry that helps with that.
Fun management
Party, party, party! It’s a good thing, but it must come after all of your schoolwork is done and handed in on time. FGCU has many clubs and organizations that may interest you with activities to do in your spare time. Also, FGCU’s programming board doesn’t disappoint with their events; go check out the FGCU Week Of Welcome events and you’ll get a taste what the programing board has to offer.