FGCU EduROAM Network Updated

Unsplash

EduROAM, (education roaming) is FGCU’s wireless network for faculty, staff and students to connect to the Wi-Fi when on-campus as well as thousands of participating institutions world-wide. 

EduROAM was updated over the summer to give students, staff and faculty higher security and faster speeds up to 30 Megabit. Users can now receive better wireless connection on the Library Lawn, library sitting areas and The Water School sitting areas.

Faster speeds and better security allow for students to complete their work with less network issues and ensures better document and information protection. Providing better connection on the Library Lawn and sitting areas as well as The Water School and sitting areas allows for students to work from anywhere on campus, including outdoors. 

EduROAM helps students complete their university requirements efficiently and effectively as students can connect to the wireless network anywhere on campus. EduROAM can be configured to any student, faculty or staff mobile devices. First time access to EduROAM requires configuration to your device using FGCU login credentials. This can be accessed through the ITS > eduroam Knowledge Base for step-by-step instructions which can be found on the FGCU website. Please contact the University help desk with any questions you may have while configuring EduROAM to your mobile devices.

For more information, please refer to the campus map indicating wireless coverage located on the FGCU website.