Celeb Gossip: Wedding bells ring, Jackson remembered, Rivers in critical condition

Jolie and Pitt were married Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014, in France, according to a spokesman for the couple. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles, File)

Wedding news
This past week, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union, and Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross got married.
After being together since 2005, Brangelina finally tied the knot Aug. 23. According to enews.com, the two got married at the Palatial Chateau Miraval in South France during a private ceremony. The ceremony included all six of the couple’s children, and they each played their own parts in the ceremony.
Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union got married Aug. 30 in Miami at the Chateau Artisan estate, a private property that has a castle surrounded by a moat and a private lake. After being together for four years and being engaged for eight months, the happy couple tied the knot. According to foxnews.com, it was in lavish style with a performance by John Legend. This is the second marriage for both of them.
Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross wedded at his mother’s home in Greenwich,  Connecticut, on Aug. 31. The legendary Diana Ross not only hosted the wedding, but also officiated it. According to E! News the bridal party consisted of Jessica Simpson as maid of honor and Cacee Cobb. Ashlee’s son Bronx, from her previous marriage, walked her down the aisle. The two have been together for just about a year and got engaged in January.

Michael Jackson’s kids reunite
On Aug. 29, Michael Jackson would have been 56 years old. In honor of their dad, his three children visited his hometown in Gary, Indiana. According to TMZ, this was the first time all three kids (Paris, Prince and Blanket) were seen together in a while. His daughter Paris is at a boarding school in Utah after attempting to take her life last year.

Joan Rivers in critical condition
Comedian Joan Rivers was having throat surgery on Aug. 28 when she had to be rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital after she stopped breathing. As of Sept. 2, Rivers remained in critical condition, in a medically induced coma and on life support.
According to TMZ, at one point the 81-year-old’s heart stopped beating. Her daughter Melissa issued this statement: “My mother would be so touched by the tributes and prayers that we have received from around the world. Her condition remains serious, but she is receiving the best treatment and care possible. We ask that you continue to keep her in your thoughts as we pray for her recovery.” Melissa and her son, Cooper, flew across the country to be by Joan’s side.