Board of Trustees Elects New Officers as Terms End

The+FGCU+Board+of+Trustees+gathered+on+Nov.+17%2C+2022+to+discuss+how+to+move+forward+with+the+search+for+FGCUs+next+president+after+postponing+the+original+selection+on+November+2%2C+2022%2C+resulting+in+two+of+the+finalists+subsequently+withdrawing+from+the+selection.++
Jessica Piland
The FGCU Board of Trustees gathered on Nov. 17, 2022 to discuss how to move forward with the search for FGCU’s next president after postponing the original selection on November 2, 2022, resulting in two of the finalists subsequently withdrawing from the selection.

FGCU’s Board of Trustees (BOT) has elected new officers for the 2024-26 term. According to an email sent out by Director of Board Relations and Associate Corporate Secretary Tiffany Reynolds, these officers begin their terms today. 

Michael Wynn now serves as the board’s chair, replacing Blake Gable. Wynn was appointed to the BOT on March 25, 2022. His term ends Jan. 6, 2026. 

FGCU Board of Trustees Chair, Blake Gable, makes a statement after announcing the decision to postpone the selection of FGCU’s fifth president on Nov. 2, 2022. Jessica Piland

“According to the FGCU Board of Trustees’ bylaws, Mr. Gable will serve as a University Trustee until he is either replaced by the governor or resigns from the position. At this point, neither has occurred,” Coordinator of University Communications & Media Relations, Pamela McCabe, said. 

Richard Eide now serves as the vice chair, replacing Edward Morton. Eide is on his second term as a Trustee. His appointment will end on Jan. 6, 2028. 

Morton will continue to serve on the BOT until his appointment ends on Jan. 6, 2025. 

The BOT will meet virtually on Feb. 8 at 8:30 a.m. The live webcast is available at www.fgcu.edu/boardcast.