Top 5 Movies to Watch This March

Photo By: Unsplash

This year, March offers a plethora of new releases, sequels and remakes of movies that are “beloved to movie lovers. Personally, I love movies. They provide a welcomed escape from reality, inviting audiences to embark on journeys fueled by creativity and imagination. This month there’s an abundance of new releases, so I decided to pick a few of them to highlight here.  

1. “Dune: Part Two” 

“Dune: Part Two” was released March 1. Dune fans can expect part two to focus on Paul’s rise to power and the rebellion against Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV. Paul unites with Channi and the Fremen while seeking revenge against those who were involved in destroying his family. Paul is tasked with preventing a horrible future only he can foresee. 

1. “Kung Fu Panda 4” 

The movie was released on March 8, eight years after the third movie released in 2016. “Kung Fu Panda” is iconic. I remember being a child going to the movie theater to watch the first one when it was released. I was shocked when I heard there was a fourth film planned to be released. The movie will be about the main character Po being assigned to train a new warrior when he is chosen to become the spiritual leader of the Valley of Peace.

1. “Imaginary”

“Imaginary” was released on March 8. It’s an upcoming American horror/supernatural film from Blumhouse and Lionsgate. Blumhouse seems to be the leading force in releasing horror/supernatural movies and personally, I think they do a good job. Blumhouse has released many successful movies such as “The Conjuring” franchise. “Imaginary” is about a young girl named Alice who develops an attachment for a stuffed teddy bear named Chauncey that she finds in the house basement. The bear is supposedly possessed by a supernatural entity that makes Alice engage in sinister activities. If you’re someone who doesn’t like scary movies, this isn’t for you. But, if you’re someone that likes to feel your adrenaline pumping then this is a must-watch. 

1. “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire”

The new Ghostbusters movie will be released in theaters March 29. The last film was a flop, but managed to work as a cash hit so here we are with another one. This film is focused on the Spengler family returning home to the iconic firehouse in New York City. There they will help the original Ghostbusters fight off the threat of a new ice age being reckoned on the world by a haunted amulet. This sounds like a fun ride, and it would be cool to see the original Ghostbusters return to the big screen. 

1. “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire”

The new Godzilla movie is expected to hit theaters March 29. If you’re an action/sci-fi buff, this movie is for you as I’m sure it will be action-packed like its predecessors. Not many details about this film have been released, except that Godzilla and Kong realize there is a catastrophic threat hidden deep inside the earth’s core that happens to challenge the existence of their lives and the survival of humans. 

From the sweeping epic of “Dune: Part Two” to the heartwarming return of “Kung Fu Panda 4,” each movie promises to offer its own unique journey of adventure, emotion and excitement. Whether diving into the realms of horror with “Imaginary,” reliving the nostalgia of “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” or experiencing the thrilling showdown of “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire,” March presents a cinematic landscape with many possibilities. If you’re looking for something to do with friends or family, grab some popcorn, beverages or your favorite movie snacks and check out a movie this month!