Fashion: Keep it simple and look good

For a new student in college it can be difficult to choose an outfit for class.
“Don’t take yourself too seriously” says Lindsay Simmons a senior here at FGCU; “When I’m on campus I try to dress in a way that reflects my profession.” Long days on campus can be hard enough without having to worry about the shorts that keep riding up or the blisters on your feet as you go from class to class.
Try dressing for yourself. If you’re having a hard time, reach for those leggings and a loose top. Match that with a pair of comfortable sandals or flip-flops and you’re good to go. This outfit can easily be transformed from day to night. Keep a few small accessories in your bag and throw them on so you’re ready to meet up with friends after class.
For the men on campus, just throw on the shorts and a t-shirt. Florida has a looser dress code that lets you get away with more breathable clothing. This cool, light, and easy combination will get you through the summer months here in Dunk City, Florida. Keep it simple but remember that there are ways to reconstruct the classic T-shirt and shorts outfit.
“Just don’t wear your gym clothes and you’re already doing better than half the people,” says Dan Kluttz, a 22-year-old senior FGCU student.
Keep it simple but remember why you’re in college. Dress for your future.
Keep an eye out for our EN photographers for your chance to be featured in the fashion section of the school newspaper.