Student Government plans radio station and t-shirt exchange

FGCU’s Student Government has released the first presidential report detailing the plans student body president Thieldens Eleneus and his cabinet have completed in the first 100 days for the 2015-16 academic year.
The report is a breakdown of the main objectives SG has planned based on numerous meetings around campus to advocate and implement student-led initiatives.
The Florida Student Association tries to introduce students in the state university system to the levels of state and federal government. FGCU’s Student executive branch has attended three Florida Student Association meetings that took place at the University of Florida, University of South Florida and Florida AtlanticUniversity.
In the first 100 days, SG traveled to universities across Florida to learn about other governing techniques.
Plans for a student radio station at FGCU, Eagle Radio, were explained in the report. The station will offer student outreach, debate opportunities, eclectic music and talk shows. SG is working to find a permanent location for the station.
The report also announced that there is a new t-shirt design for the official FGCU SG t-shirt exchange. Students will be able to exchange shirts at some of the key events on campus throughout the year.
SG is working on the process to select the next dining-service provider. Two students and executive branch members have been selected to sit on the selection committee. Aramark, the current provider, is currently working on renewing its contract with FGCU. SG is ensuring that the dining service provider will be selected with “the interest of the student body in mind.”