Forget sports cars, Barbie Jeeps are so in

What would you do if your license was suspended due to a drunk driving arrest? What would you do if your parent took your car away? One student found herself in that exact situation in Texas, and her answer has gone viral.
Tara Monroe, a junior industrial engineering major and Kappa Kappa Gamma sister at Texas State University, was pulled over after a Waka Flocka Flame concert and refused to blow into the Breathalyzer, which ultimately resulted in her license being suspended and a DWI arrest.
According to mySA, her father drove to San Marcos to take her vehicle away, leaving her with a bike to get around.
“Riding a bike around campus sucks,” Monroe told MySA.com. “Like really sucks.”
She then bought a Barbie jeep for $60 off Craigslist from a girl named Charlene, which would soon be the Jeep’s name. The toy vehicle is meant for toddlers — 3 years and up — and goes up to 5 mph using a 12V battery.
The 5-foot-3 college student seems to fit in the front seat just fine, but could any one else call shotgun? Not really.
“It goes pretty fast when it’s just me, so I usually make my friends walk behind me like parents taking their kid out to play,” Monroe told MySA. “I’m just happy everyone thinks this is so hilarious.”
“I personally would not do something of that nature if I was in her shoes,” said Elizabeth Granowicz, a junior choral education major at FGCU. “I would just use a bike, so I didn’t draw too much attention to myself.”
“Well, to contradict the words of Aqua, I am not a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World,” said Macy Kennedy, an FGCU freshman environmental science major, “Having said that, she at least can’t go over the speed limit if driving drunk again. She may be avoiding the lesson her dad intended her to learn, but she came up with a way to solve her own problem.”
It looks like Monroe has a bit more than 15 minutes of fame: she and her Barbie jeep are still one of the hottest topics on Twitter within the last few days.