Inner Vegan Cafe serves up refreshing açai bowls

FGCU students in the North Naples area who are looking for a refreshing, healthy take on dessert might want to turn to InnerG Vegan Café off of Tamiami Trail. Now serving four different kinds of açai bowls, InnerG partnered up with local açai company The Bowl to bring smoothie lovers something different to snack on.

Nestled in the corner of a strip mall, InnerG’s warm and calming atmosphere is both welcoming and inviting. Upon entering, customers are greeted by a friendly staff behind a nicely decorated counter, adorned with business cards and small potted plants. The menu, a chalkboard filled with neat writing, consists of four different açai bowls, each served in two sizes — small and large.

The AB&J bowl is reminiscent of the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich — a delicious combination of açai, almond butter, berries and bananas. The cacao bowl — a mix of açai, bananas, raw cacao and coconut milk, topped with cacao nibs — is a better choice for those with a sweet tooth seeking a healthier dessert.

The last two bowls are all fruit and no fluff. The berry green bowl is a blend of berries and apple juice, while the Key West bowl is more tropical, with pineapple and mango.

Even after it melted a bit in the car, the cacao bowl was still just as delicious as when it was first handed over the counter. Raw local honey was drizzled over the bananas that were neatly placed on top of the bowl, giving it an extra kick of sweetness without sacrificing health.

At $7 for a small and $10 for a large, the bowls are a bit pricey but serve as a great once-in-a-while healthy reward.