Eagle’s Pride to host campus clean-up

Eagle’s Pride, a student-led environmental initiative run by FGCU’s Physical Plant, has organized a Campus Clean-Up scheduled Wednesday, Oct. 14, at Outdoor Zone 4 between the Library and Reed Hall.

Rain or shine, students who register on the Physical Plant website, located under the Physical Plant Environmental Initiatives page of the Physical Plant section of the FGCU website, will participate in picking up litter across campus as a part of FGCU’s pursuit of environmental sustainability.

The Physical Plant Work Management Center, which maintains the buildings and grounds on campus, has been hosting campus-wide clean-ups since 2012. Its mission statement says it’s “dedicated to provide resources and to constantly maintain all university buildings, grounds and equipment that are fundamental to a healthy academic environment. The Physical Plant team is committed to maintaining an atmosphere that will foster pride, teamwork and cooperation among the university faculty, staff, students and visitors.”

Students attending the event are encouraged to bring their service-learning form and comfortable clothes and shoes. For questions, call 239-590-1370 or email [email protected]. Eagle’s Pride will be hosting two more Campus Clean-Ups this semester: Friday, Oct. 30 and Friday, Nov. 13.