BEERunch at World of Beer offers affordable brunch deals

Feeling droopy, stressed and out of shape? Believe it or not, Sunday funday just got a whole lot more fun with a new place for you to visit for brunch. World of Beer opens its doors an hour early every Sunday at 11 a.m. to serve its delicious take on Sunday brunch.
WOB opened in our growing college town Monday, Aug. 3 and became one of the few  of the company’s franchises to possess a hard liquor license. This gives the restaurant the luxury of offering unique menus that feature Bloody Marys and mimosas, such as the new BEERunch menu.
“The Sunday BEERunch, we do from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., is the only day we open at 11 a.m.,” said William English, the general manager. “We will have a brunch menu exclusive for Sundays where you can choose different items. If you choose to do the BEERunch, it is $20, and you get an entrée and then your choice of bottomless mimosas, beermosas or Bloody Marys. We are really hoping this will take off here. With 30 other restaurants in the area, none of them offer a Sunday brunch deal like this.”
If drinking and watching sports isn’t your thing, then take a few steps outside to the outdoor seating area, where you can test your skills at a game of giant Jenga, or watch others play. Whether you’re a food lover, beer lover or just a social butterfly, there is something for everyone at WOB’s BEERunch.
WOB’s new BEERunch is a great place to go with your friends, whether to catch a game and a snack or to relax and rejuvenate after a Saturday night out. Some of the popular items on the menu are the chicken and waffles breakfast sandwich and the hangover skillet, which includes scrambled eggs with peppers and onions, jalapeño and cheddar sausage, candied bacon and pepperjack cheese piled over crispy tater tots with Texas toast on the side.
“FGCU students should definitely take advantage of BEERunch,” said FGCU senior Kaitlyn Puliam, a server and bartender at World of Beer.  “There is nothing else like it in Fort Myers.  You can’t get a meal and unlimited mimosas for $20 anywhere else.  You can’t beat that deal.  BEERunch has great food and a fun atmosphere. It’s a phenomenal start to Sunday funday with friends. I would recommend getting there as close to 11 a.m. as possible. We tend to get packed for Sunday BEERunch.”
Pulliam definitely didn’t exaggerate about WOB getting packed, either. I showed up at 11 a.m. on the dot, and the entire place was crowded with excited football fans, groups of friends and families within the hour.
WOB’s new BEERunch has something for everyone. So, hurry in next Sunday to claim a bar stool. You too can sit back, relax and enjoy brunch on a college budget. Who knows — you may turn out to be one of the many regulars who make themselves at home each Sunday.