A-Sun Launches New Publication – the Atlantic Sun Quarterly

The Atlantic Sun Conference published the first issue of the Atlantic Sun Quarterly today, an online magazine highlighting the achievements of its student-athletes, coaches, administrators, faculty, staff and member institutions.
“We are pleased to add the Atlantic Sun Quarterly magazine to the ever-expanding collection of means by which we recognize the achievements of our membership,” said A-Sun Commissioner Ted Gumbart. “This publication is the first of its kind for the A-Sun as we share stories of the impressive and impactful work that is being done on behalf of the conference and its membership.”
Leadership is a prevailing theme throughout the publication’s first features that include: A championship coach whose approach to program building personifies the A-Sun’s mission; The plan of the Atlantic Sun Student-Athlete Advisory Committee to grow the voice of the student-athlete through expanded community service; and the conference’s role as a leader in a growing, cutting-edge partnership with ESPN.
Readers will also learn more about a former A-Sun student-athlete whose expertise and insight into sport management now helps students prepare for their careers, as well as garner thoughts from the A-Sun’s newest Director of Athletics on topics ranging from conference membership to the NCAA and more.
Some of the latest news from each of the A-Sun member institutions ranging from fund raising success to academic growth and program success is also included, along with recognition of several of the A-Sun’s hottest student-athletes in their areas of competition.
Finally, the A-Sun continues to celebrate with a special group of individuals whose commitment in and out of competition led to their selection into the inaugural class of the A-Sun Hall of Fame.
The A-Sun is a NCAA Division I league with eight member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life:Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Florida, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun footprint reaches into seven of the top 50 media markets in the nation. The A-Sun meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement with a balance between student and athlete.