Hosts on TV show slander GOP candidate Carly Fiorina

A popular morning talk show has recently found itself in the midst of controversy. “The View” is a daytime television show that airs weekdays and has six female hosts:  Raven-Symoné, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Candace Cameron Bure, Michelle Collins and Paula Faris.
In September 2015, “The View” made headlines because the hosts made fun of one of the contestants in the Miss America Pageant. Behar and Collins commented on her choice of talent, which was a monologue on her experience as a nurse. The performance moved America to tears and even the contestant herself teared up, but the ladies of “The View” were not so moved.
“Why does she have a doctor’s stethoscope around her neck?” Behar said.
“She helps patients with Alzheimer’s, which I know is not funny, but I swear you had to see it,” Collins said.
Nurses and doctors all over the country united, saying “The View” hosts made a joke out of nurses and made their profession seem unimportant.
Well, the ladies are at it again — this time making fun of Republican candidate Carly Fiorina. Shortly after the most recent Republican debate, “The View” made comments about Fiorina’s appearance as opposed to her performance at the debate. Collins said that during Fiorina’s opening remarks, her face looked demented, and Behar added that her face would be great to use as a Halloween mask. Goldberg joined in, saying the word “demented” was a strong choice but fitting.
Fiorina was back on “The View” last week after these gruesome comments had been made, ultimately showing she is the bigger person in this situation. When asked by the hosts what about their comments had offended her, Fiorina replied in a manner that showed exactly how classy of a lady she is.
“I think we need to be able to have civil conversations in this country about our differences, as well as the things that unite us,” Fiorina said. “All too often, we demonize a messenger because we don’t like the message.”
Most of the ladies of “The View” are Democrats, and they are not afraid to make it known. The main issue is not that people have different views. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and entitled to express it but do so with respect.
“The View” has had Bernie Sanders and Hilary Clinton on as guests, and not once have the hosts said a single comment that would be seen as controversial or rude. This raises the question of why Fiorina doesn’t deserve the same respect.
Women in this country, along with every other country in the world, have to work harder to get jobs, get paid the same and earn respect, and of all the people who tear women down, it should not be other women. We as women in the great country of the United States of America should stick together and support each other regardless if we agree with each other’s views. Women should not make fun of how other women look. We should not beat other women down because we disagree with their opinions. As Fiorina said, we should be able to have civil conversations despite our differences.
This is an amazing year for either side because the Republicans and Democrats each have a woman running for president. The ladies of “The View,” regardless of their opinions on Fiorina’s views, should give her the respect she deserves — the same respect they give Hillary Clinton.