Eagles lose to Ohio Bobcats

This Friday, the FGCU women’s basketball team took on the Ohio Bobcats, suffering a 12-point loss, 69-57.
In the game against Ohio, FGCU shot 34 percent from the field, 30 percent from the arch and 80 percent from the free-throw line.
Ohio shot 38 percent from the field, 33 percent from 3-point territory and 85 percent from the free-throw line.
Guard Kaneisha Atwater totaled 17 points, 2 assists and 6 rebounds. She shot 60 percent from the field, 50 percent from deep and 100 percent on her free throws.
Forward Haley Laughter was also a major contributor on the court, tying with Atwater for 17 points apiece.
For both sides, turnovers were a problem. The Eagles had 15 turnovers while Ohio had 14.  FGCU guards Taylor Gradinjan and DyTeisha Dunson were key components to the team Friday.  Gradinjan scored 10 points. Dunson had the most turnovers for the Eagles with four, but she also had the most assists with four as well.  Additionally, Dunson recorded four rebounds – two  offensive and two defensive.
The Eagles’ fans may be used to a faster start to the women’s basketball season, but they can remain hopeful that the women will turn their season around and make another run for the NCAA tournament.