Technology trends that will shine in 2016

The future is now; 2016 is going to be an exciting year for technology on every spectrum with new ideas, innovations and improvements. Some of the biggest topics and questions of 2015 will finally be answered and this year will be the year technology shines.
Virtual Reality

A prototype image of the PlayStation VR headset. Special to Eagle News.

Gaming will no longer be limited to cumbersome consoles and PCs, gaming will be crossing the horizons to an entirely new element: the face. Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR, HTC Vive and many other headsets are slated to release in 2016, two of which have been confirmed to release in Q1.
2016 will be the year that truly defines virtual reality as a major hit or miss, but not only in the focused gaming realm. Everyday entertainment from movies and music to social media and communication are expected to be another focus of this new technology.
Mobile Focused Technology
The world is now more fast-paced than ever before and entertainment has reached every nook and cranny of the world we’ve come to know. From wearable tech to hyper intelligent AI, 2016 is more than likely going to be the year that sees even more innovations in mobile technology.
A seamless connection is going to be defined this year, from mobile to PC, from PC to gaming console. An influx of mobile titles from major gaming companies can also be expected, as microtransaction games are not only wildly popular, but lucrative. This year will bring this genre of gaming into the limelight and to other major platforms.
Nintendo’s NX and new Loyalty Program
Nintendo has been keeping their future console, the “NX,” under some serious wraps, only lightly touching on the console’s development for the past few months. Rumors have circulated rapidly about the console with the release of patents that are speculated to be related, as well as the community’s generous buzz. 2016 has been promised more details, but it’s also likely to see a launch in the latter part of the year.
An image from one of Nintendo's most recently published patents. Special to Eagle News.
An image from one of Nintendo’s most recently published patents. Special to Eagle News.

Luckily, Nintendo is rumored to appear with the NX behind closed doors at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from Jan. 6 to 9; details will probably be coming sooner than expected, and hopefully in the now continued Nintendo Direct broadcasts.
Nintendo’s removal of Club Nintendo has left a gap open for a worthy successor in terms of rewards programs. With a shift towards mobile gaming, the Nintendo Network should be seeing a serious overhaul within 2016.
What are you hoping to see in 2016? Let us know your hopes in the comments below, on Facebook or Twitter.