First Watch for breakfast and lunch

Sometimes, you just want to get away from the that normal toast-and-cereal breakfast that any college kid is used to.
While it may be a little expensive, First Watch offers a great selection for that end of the year treat-yourself day. Open from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and located in Gulf Coast Town Center, the daytime café is a chain for a health-minded breakfast and lunch.
When you walk into the restaurant, you’re greeted with rustic, boarded walls, cute tables that look straight out of that fairytale café in a romance flick, and servers who are happy to help you with whatever you need. The café is light and airy, with plenty of windows with a good view, as well as a relaxing atmosphere.
The menu hosts a variety of health-conscious options. Avocado toast, steel cut oatmeal, and the “Energy Bowl,” all make up some of the menu options on the “Healthier Side.” There are two types of French toast, original and “Floridian French Toast,” which has berries, bananas and kiwi fruit.
First Watch also serves lunch, with options like power wraps and protein-rich entrees, like the “Tri-Athlete,” an egg white omelet with house-roasted Crimini mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and green chilies. If you’re concerned about something being too big, they also offer certain options under “small plates,” as well as salads that are still on the healthier side.
First Watch offers a variety of drink options like their “Sunrise Select Coffee,” which they brew in regular or decaf, iced coffees and teas, hot chocolate, milk, Coca-Cola products and orange juice.
First Watch also has a fresh juice bar with options like “Day Glow,” an organic carrot, orange, lemon and ginger drink, or “Kale Tonic,” a Kale, Fuji apple, cucumber and lemon drink. Some other juices they offer include Grapefruit, Apple, Cranberry and Tomato.
First Watch is a great place to treat yourself, especially before or after a big morning test. Their options are health-minded, which makes for a great option for anyone concerned about their health, always a concern for college students. The café says it right on their menu: “We only use the finest ingredients possible for the freshest taste around.”