August Events Up Ahead

Delinah Rosario

Date: Aug. 18
Name: Come Thru Session: Lunch on us
Place: Cohen 255
Time: 12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m.
Description: The “Come Thru” sessions are a fun and friendly environment that the Multicultural and Development Center (MLD) provides to come together and have relevant discussions on different topics. There will always be food provided. You can either stay or just come through.

Date: Aug. 18
Name: Casino Night
Place: University Recreation and Wellness Center
Time: 6:30 p.m.- 9:30 p.m.
Description: Experience the fun and excitement of playing a real casino at Casino Night, an event hosted by RHA. There will be fun, games and prizes.

Date: Aug. 19
Name: WOW Water Day
Place: SoVi Green
Time: 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Description: Water slides, water games, free food and great opportunities to meet new friends and learn about the different campus ministries on campus.

Date: Aug. 24
Name: Party with P&W
Place: Cohen 201
Time: 7:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.
Description: Come and party with Prevention and Wellness. You will learn about alcohol and cannabis in a safe and fun way. Enjoy their pre-game time with pizza, mocktails and “pot” brownies. There will also be bar trivia, water pong and flip cup races for prizes and gift cards.

Date: Aug. 25
Name: UGA Welcome Back BBQ
Place: Recreational Outdoor Complex (ROC) in North Lake Village
Time: 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Description: This event is an opportunity to meet and learn about MGC and NPHC. There will also be food, games and a 3-on-3 basketball tournament.

Date: Aug. 30
Name: Diversity YOUniversity
Place: Cohen Ballroom
Time: 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Description: Join the Multicultural and Development Center (MLD) as they come together to celebrate and appreciate cultural differences. They will celebrate diversity through music, clothing, and food while bringing communities together.

Date: Aug. 31
Name: Fall 2023 Involvement Fair
Place: Cohen Ballroom
Time: 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Description: Join the event that will allow you to meet many of the registered student organizations, sports clubs, and offices on campus.