December Events Up Ahead

Delinah Rosario

Date: Dec. 1

Name: Ugly Sweater Salsa Night

Time: 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.

Place: FGCU Rec and Wellness Center Fitness Studio 1

Description: Join FGCU Salseros for an ugly sweater salsa night where there will be an ugly sweater contest. You will also have the opportunity to learn salsa steps and more. 

Date: Dec. 1

Name: Holly Jolly Nibbles and Noms: A Potluck

Time: 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.

Place: SHRM 111

Description: The Cooking Club is hosting its annual holiday potluck. This will be their biggest, most exciting potluck yet. In addition to wonderful food provided by everyone attending, there will be a host of never-before-seen events from the Cooking Club. 

Date: Dec.1

Name: Frosty Fest

Time: 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.

Place: Library Lawn

Description: Eagles Educate will be celebrating the holidays at Frost Fest where there will be cookie decorating, ornament decorating and snowball pong. There will also be a Christmas movie projected for everyone to watch. They will be providing pizza, drinks and Eggnog for everyone to enjoy. 

Date: Dec. 1

Name: Yule Ball 2023

Time: 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Ballroom

Description: The FGCU Quadball Club will be hosting its second annual Yule Ball celebration. Join them for a formal night of dancing, games, raffles, and food to ring in the end of the year. Dress to impress, formal wear is recommended. 

Date: Dec. 2

Name: Yuletide Knit n’ Natter

Time: 8:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.

Place: West Lake Village Community Center

Description: Join West Lake RAs in learning how to knit and crochet, as well as how to create thoughtful and personalized holiday gifts. All skill levels are welcome. 

Date: Dec. 7

Name: Yoga and S’mores

Time: 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.

Place: University Rec and Wellness Center

Description: Come unwind at the rec center with yoga and s’mores. Enjoy a 45 minute yoga class and destress leading into finals. Yoga mats are limited so please bring your own mat or towel for this event. 

Date: Dec. 7

Name: InclusiCheese

Time: 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.

Description: Join West Lake RAs to make grilled cheese that can meet any and all dietary restrictions. 

Date: Dec. 7

Name: Swap N’ Stich

Time: 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.

Description: Join West Lake RAs for a sustainable clothing swap and opportunities to learn about care tips and tricks for your clothing. Please bring any clothing items that are in good condition for the swap and any items that might need small repairs for the sewing workshops. 

Date: Dec. 8

Name: Winter Wonderland 

Time: 7:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.

Place: Library Lawn

Description: It’s that time of the year- Winter Wonderland is here! Join the Programming Board for their annual Winter Wonderland event with food and winter related festivities.