September Events Up Ahead

Students+gather+for+a+photo+as+they+celebrate+their+heritage+during+the+2022+Noche+de+Culture+celebration.+
Jessica Piland
Students gather for a photo as they celebrate their heritage during the 2022 Noche de Culture celebration.

Date: Sept. 8

Name: Bingo Night

Time: 8:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Ballroom

Description: Join the Programming Board at Bingo Night. Play Bingo, win prizes and enjoy free food.

Date: Sept. 9

Name: PopsiKles by the pool

Time: 4:08 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

Place: West Lake Pool

Description: The purpose of this event is to create a safe and welcoming environment for students to socialize/network, have a good time and get to know the members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated.

Date: Sept. 13

Name: You Are Kenough

Time: 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Student Union 214

Description: Join Roots of Compassion and Kindness for their Barbie-themed welcome event where they will be hosting self-care activities and introducing future club events. Prevention and Wellness will also be tabling. 

Date: Sept. 13

Name: Movie Night

Time: 8:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.

Place: Library Lawn

Description: Come relax on the Library Lawn and enjoy a movie with the Programming Board. There will also be free snacks and drinks for you to enjoy. 

Date: Sept. 14

Name: Hispanic Heritage Month 365 Kickoff: Noche de Culture

Time: 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Student Union 201

Description: Kick off Hispanic Heritage Month while enjoying music, food and interactive activities. Join the Multicultural and Leadership Development Center (MLD) in developing a better understanding of Hispanic culture and traditions. 

Date: Sept. 19

Name: FGCU Storytelling: Josh Goforth

Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

Place: Wasmer Art Gallery, Bower Arts Complex, FGCU

Description: Enjoy some free food with the Department of Language and Literature and get to meet Josh Goforth.